- The Radio Malaspina Society (RMS) is a non-profit society incorporated under the Societies Act of BC. RMS was formed specifically to apply for and operate a radio license.
- The CRTC and Industry Canada license the Radio Malaspina Society to operate CHLY-FM as a campus/community radio station operating at 101.7 mhz with 3000 Watts ERP from a tower site located in Nanaimo, BC
CHLY exists to
- Create alternative and locally-based programming
- Empower VIU students and community members through training and participation in the media
- Provide community access to media and space for under-represented voices
Learn more by reading our Constitution and Bylaws. Policies will be found here soon too.
All content published and broadcast produced by The Radio Malaspina Society is protected by copyright.
Please remember to properly cite all content shared under the fair dealing clauses of the Canadian Copyright Act. The Radio Malaspina Society reserves the right to request information and/or modification of a citation or accreditation of a work previously published or broadcast on CHLY 101.7FM or posted to it's website or social media. CHLY is licensed by SOCAN to broadcast music.
Editorial and opinions expressed on CHLY 101.7 FM are exclusively those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of The Radio Malaspina Society.
Additionally, the opinions expressed in advertisements appearing on CHLY 101.7 FM are those of the advertisers and not The Radio Malaspina Society unless explicitly stated.