Summer Radio Camp 2019
Parents looking for a fun learning environment for their kids this summer will be happy to know that CHLY 101.7FM, Nanaimo's campus-community radio station is hosting a Summer Radio and Media Camp for kids. Some of the program content the kids create at the camp will even make its way onto the airwaves! Each camp will be supervised by our Summer Radio Camp Coordinator James Kasper, our Summer Station Assistant, and our Program Coordinator. This camp is ideal for kids ages 10-14, but keen kids ages 9 or 15 can also be registered.
Supported and sponsored by
Important: Space is limited to a maximum of 12 kids per camp, so reserve your youth's (or youths') spot quick!
Update: Camps have now been capped at 8 kids per camp.
Please email at James.email@example.com or call (778) 441.4543 (M-F, 10 AM to 5PM) if you have any questions.
Please see waiver here. This will need to be filled in and signed by a parent and or guardian in order to register their youth.
Three Camps to Choose From:
• July 8th–July 19th. (REGISTRATION CLOSED)
• July 22nd–August 2nd. (REGISTRATION CLOSED)
• August 5th–Aust 16th. (REGISTRATION OPEN—NEARLY FULL)
The Camps Will Operate:
• Weekdays, 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM.
• Earliest drop-off time: 8:45 AM.
• Latest pick-up time: 4:00 PM.
Camp Cost Per Youth:
• $20/day (Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for which dates you are registering for, and use the custom price field to pay).
• $150/two week camp.
The Camp Will Involve:
• Regular field trips, on foot, downtown.
• Interviews with members of the community.
• Teaching the basics of radio broadcasting.
• On-air experience.
• Fun media-related daily activities.
• Adult supervision by vetted staff & youth workers.
Refunds / Cancellations:
No refunds will be issued after the registration deadline.